Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Perfect Nanny Day

Driving home through rush hour traffic yesterday I called my sister to help pass the time and finalize some Thanksgiving plans. Like all good sisters do she inquired about my day, causing me to stop and think about how my day was.

We all know that kids can be unpredictable meaning a work day with them can be unpredictable. Goodness knows that I have had my rough days as a nanny, the days that I wanted to throw in the towel after the 4th cup of water was spilt, the 3rd tantrum wouldn't end, and both naps were missed. Those days where going home to a glass of wine, Netflix, and box of chocolate seems like the most wonderful thing in the world.

As I mentally re-played my day with Roo to answer my sister, I realized I had as close to a perfect Nanny day as could possibly be. The ONLY thing that would have made it better was if I had remembered to bring my sneakers for a run. Other wise my day went by with a 2 fabulously long naps, 3 bottles fully drank, and a variety of pureed baby foods tried and liked by Roo. In between all this napping and eating was only 1 nasty diaper, wonderful tummy time, and lots of baby cuddles.

The reason I share this is not to brag, because it is nothing I did, but to take a minute to be grateful for a great day. Far to easily I end up complaining about the no-nap days, the fussy days, and the couldn't get out of the house days. While today is only half over it is already turning out to be another great (but not quite perfect) nanny day. So here is to those days, the days were more things go right than wrong. To the days where babies take great naps and love the new foods you give the. To the moments of cuddles, kisses, and laughter. I am grateful for you today!


Yes I am Corny Enough to "cheers" with Baby Bottles.


ceconner© 10.28.215

No comments:

Post a Comment