Ahh the Zoo.
The Lions, Elephants, Penguins, Zebras, and other rare creatures that can only be found in the USA at a zoo.
Well Me, that is until this most recent trip that I took with Bear, Bug, and their mom.
And for the first time since who knows when, I really enjoyed a trip to the zoo.
We got there right when the zoo opened (Secret One), so it wasn't over crowded, each exhibit generally only had one or two other families at it. No pushing and shoving to get closer to the glass.
So Here is My 411 on Going to the Zoo:
- Get a Membership (Secret Three): they have several options which all pay themselves after roughly the 4th visit.
- Go Early: on a weekday especially to avoid crowds and school tours.
- Small Pieces: Don't feel like you have to do the whole zoo in one trip, take your time, exploring a section or two at a time.
- Rainy Day: Let the kids run around at the indoor ZooMazium and burn up that energy
- Go With a Plan: Check out the online map, get the kiddos excited for the animals they will see.